Who we are
This website address is: https://www.coachingcontentresearch.org. The website has been created solely to carry out the research project: ‘Understanding coaching engagement content: an empirical taxonomy of themes‘. The research is being carried out by Prof Tatiana Bachkirova and Dr Peter Jackson of Oxford Brookes University Business School.
Oxford Brookes University (OBU) will usually be the Data Controller of any data that you supply for this research. This means that we are responsible for looking after your information and using it properly. The exception to this is joint research projects where you would be informed on the participant information sheet as to the other partner institution or institutions. This means that they will make the decisions on how your data is used and for what reasons. You can contact the University’s Information Management Team on 01865 485420 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why do we need your data?
We are carrying out a study which aims to explore the content of coaching engagements in organisational settings. The study is being carried out by Prof. Tatiana Bachkirova and Dr Peter Jackson, both of Oxford Brookes Business School.
OBUs legal basis for collecting this data is:
- You are consenting to providing it to us; and / or,
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task in the public interest such as research
If the university asks you for sensitive data such as; racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, data concerning health or sexual life, genetic/biometric data or criminal records OBU will use these data because:
- You have given OBU explicit consent to do so; and / or
- Processing is necessary for scientific or research in the public interest.
What type of data will Oxford Brookes University use?
- We will use the data you record about your coaching sessions to identify the main content themes of coaching interventions.
- We will also ask generic questions about your professional experience which we will use to describe the general characteristics of the coaches taking part in the research. This will consist of gender, age, qualifications, experience of coaching, national territory in which you operate. This data will simply be used to describe the type of coaches who participated in the study. It will not be used to sub-divide the data about coaching sessions.
Who will OBU share your data with?
We will use this proprietary web platform to collect the data for this phase of the research.
Will OBU transfer my data outside of the UK?
If you are inputting data or accessing data you have input from outside the UK your data may be considered to have been processed at your location outside the UK
What rights do I have regarding my data that OBU holds?
- You have the right to be informed about what data will be collected and how this will be used
- You have the right of access to your data
- You have the right to correct data if it is wrong
- You have the right to ask for your data to be deleted
- You have the right to restrict use of the data we hold about you
- You have the right to data portability
- You have the right to object to the university using your data
- You have rights in relation to using your data automated decision making and profiling.
Where did OBU source my data from?
We will only have the data you provide through the survey.
Are there any consequences of not providing the requested data?
There are no legal consequences of not providing data for this research. It is purely voluntary.
Will there be any automated decision making using my data?
There will be no use of automated decision making in scope of UK Data Protection and Privacy legislation.
How long will OBU keep your data?
In line with Oxford Brookes policies data generated in the course of research must be kept securely in paper or electronic form for a period of time in accordance with the research funder or University policy.
Who can I contact if I have concerns?
You can contact the Information Management team.
Postal Address: Information Management Team, IT Services, Room 2.12, Gibbs Building, Headington Campus, Gipsy Lane, Oxford, OX3 0BP
Tel: 01865 485420 in UK
+44 1865 485420 outside the UK.